My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://lazyowlboutique.com/'> http://lazyowlboutique.com and update your bookmarks.

 
about shop links contact home

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Party like it's 2012

Hello!  Welcome to 2012!  Obviously I did not intend on taking a nearly two-month long vacation from the blogosphere, but December and the holidays turned out to be busier than I thought.  I hope that all of you had a peaceful (and successful, if you are a fellow Etsian like myself) holiday season!

With the beginning of every new year, I like to follow the trend of setting some goals and coming up with a resolution or two.  This year I read an article about the 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge.  1001 days is three years, so coming up with 101 goals in 3 years gives you the time and opportunity to do some serious long-term thinking and planning.

2012 Weekly Planner PDF by milas on Etsy
 
I then stumbled upon the awesome website, Day Zero, and decided to set up my very own 101 things list.  You can see my list here.  I still haven't thought of all 101 things, I could only get about 80, so I have some room to grow.  I tried to come up with a mix of fun things I've always wanted to do and serious goals I need to do, along with a few things that I'd love to happen but don't know if they are possible (like weigh 140 pounds...ha...ha....).

I welcome you to create a Day Zero list with me to motivate yourself to meet your goals for the next three years. 

Here are a few of the items on my list, many of them pertaining to Lazy Owl Boutique.  They say you should make your goals quanitifiable and specific, so you can see I chose a specific number for many of them.

- Learn how to sew
- Cook a meal in the crock pot (I've told you I like never...cook)
- Paint every room in the house (ouch)
- Go to the beach (yay!)
- Learn Italian
- Go to Italy (TBD in a later post!)
- Cook 10 recipes from Pinterest
- Make 150 sales on Etsy (hopefully over the next 3 years, this will be possible, so far I'm at 10 out of 150)
- Write 50 blog entries!  Here we go!
- Sell at 5 craft shows (hopefully more)
- Make 30 things from Pinterest
- Read 75 books
- Eat at every Pappa's restaurant (it's a Houston thing)
- Make an ottoman/bench out of our old coffee table
- Eat on our wedding china at least twice (since we've never eaten on it at all)
- Bake 10 different types of cupcakes, yay!
- Be on the frontpage of Etsy 5 times (I've managed to get on it once this year already!)

So, now you can follow along with me as I try to complete this goals over the next 1001 days.  Let me know if you decide to make your own list, and we can share.  I need more ideas for goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...