I know I had made some promises a while back to keep you all posted on my training progress, and maybe you are wondering where all those promised updates are...well, I have barely been training! Ahhhhhhhh. The longest I've gone in preparation for this is 9 miles. And I've done that twice. And the last time was like 3 weeks ago. I have only run once this week (4 measly miles). I'm promising myself that I will do 9 miles again this weekend since it's my last chance to squeeze in another long run...but....we'll see.
Anyway, running-related freakage aside, I've been slowly building up some anxiety related to my Etsy shop and this holiday season. Two issues -- I want my shop to be in tip-top shape for the upcoming holiday rush (assuming there is a rush for me), and I've signed up for two craft shows in Houston where I will attempt to sell my wares in person for the first time EVAR.
There are many, MANY things I need to do to prep for a for-reals craft fair. Hopefully preparing for the craft shows will help get my Etsy shop into gear as well. Yesterday, I received week 1's issue of Etsy Success' Holiday Bootcamp, and I really need to follow some of the advice the blog article suggests. So, in an attempt to get my butt in gear, I'm going to start listing some goals for myself. Maybe you can follow along too!
|Etsy's Holiday Bootcamp|
Lazy Owl Boutique Holiday Goal Outline (very official name)
- Increase inventory, with a goal to at least double inventory by October 29 (date of first craft show)
- Begin by focusing on inventory that will sell well at craft shows:
- Make more wire-wrapped rings in variety of sizes
- Make more bunting necklaces, particularly ones with school colors (focus on Texas schools and SEC schools for now)
- Make more vintage glass jewel earrings
- Order supplies as needed
- Inventory supplies -- earwires, craft wire, crystals
- Craft show supplies? -- another table, table coverings, risers, receipts, vendor apron, earring cards, merchandise bags, stickers, etc. etc..
- Prepare/create displays for craft shows-- ring boxes, earring frames, doorknob necklace holders, earring/necklace trees, price signs, shop name banner, etc. etc.
- Update inventory catalog and pricing -- I've gotten really lazy about entering my supplies and costs into my inventory spreadsheet, how will I know where to price my items if my supply costs are not accurate?
- Photograph and list, list, list on Etsy all these new items I'm making!!
Do you have a plan to get ready for the upcoming holiday season? Feel free to share! Or give me advice, I love advice...