My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://lazyowlboutique.com/'> http://lazyowlboutique.com and update your bookmarks.

 
about shop links contact home

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pinterest Thursday: Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes

Maybe you have noticed I don't talk too much about *cooking* or *baking* or *recipes* like lots of other lady blogs out there.  Unfortunately, I was never blessed with the strong desire to cook.  I love, love to eat.  In fact, eating is one of my all-time favorite things...but I just don't really enjoy cooking.  Probably because I'm so lazy (hence, lazy owl).

But, I do love cupcakes, and I'd been eyeing this pin for sometime:



Click on over to Baked Perfection for the full tutorial with ingredients.  It was easy enough for an inexperienced baker like me to handle...basically a doctored chocolate cake mix (add sour cream and instant pudding mix), plus some real simple cream cheese frosting.  I adore cream cheese frosting.  I've never been a fan of buttercream because it's just so sugary and sweet, so cream cheese frosting has always been my fave.


My result, ooey gooey oreo deliciousness
The additions to the cake mix made the chocolate cake super moist, and I added bits of oreos to both the cake and the frosting.  My only hiccup was during baking, I was not quite sure if I baked them long enough.  The cake was so moist it was hard to tell, but regardless, they turned out delicious!


All for me?
It's difficult to bake for a family of 2...24 cupcakes without any kids to feed or a party to host was a bit overwhelming (and way too tempting).  I think I've eaten about 10 of them myself, because (not to toot my own horn) they are pretty darn good.  I caved and brought 8 to work and they quickly disappeared.

I highly recommend this recipe, and I'm happy I took a step out of my comfort zone and tried some baking for once!

This concludes this week's Pinterest Thursday: I tried it!

 As per usual, I've linked up to the Pinterest party at bythebookpaper, check it out!

life by the book



6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yum!! I bet the sour cream and pudding made them so moist. I loved being a teacher just for the fact that I could bake a batch of something, eat 2 or so, and take the rest in to the class. (And you can poke the middle with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean to know that they're done!)

GingerPeachT said...

Yep, poke them in the middle!
I've made something similar. But if you like cream cheese frosting, I'll have to send you the recipe for snicker doodle cupcakes. So good!! I also made a choc cupcake with a peppermint patty in the middle, also yummy!

Traci said...

Um yes please!! Am too am cooking challenged. My little girl's first birthday is coming up and I am toying with the idea of baking some cupcakes... maybe I will give these a try... or maybe I will just do what I do best and buy them from the store lol:)

Janet said...

Hey yall, I know about the toothpick method but in my haste to get them out of the oven I couldn't find any toothpicks (obviously I'm very familiar with my kitchen haha). So I tried a fork, not sure if that is as good. The first few came out clean, that's why I took the cupcakes out of the oven, but a few more after that came out with batter still on them, so I was not sure what to do.

And I would love the snicker doodle cupcake recipe! Anything with cream cheese frosting, yummy.

LuciRae-- give these a try! They were really pretty easy and it's a nice feeling of satisfaction eating something you made yourself!

Tisha said...

These look yummy. I will make some this weekend for our churches bake sale.

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Lol. You sound like me! Love to eat, hate to cook! Mmm I love cupcakes most.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...