My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://lazyowlboutique.com/'> http://lazyowlboutique.com and update your bookmarks.

 
about shop links contact home

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A new beginning....

Hello all! Welcome to my very first blog post for Lazy Owl Boutique.

I envision this blog to be about many things.  Of course, I'll be using it as a marketing tool for my new etsy shop, Lazy Owl Boutique, but I'd like to make it a little more personal than that.  I'll also talk about my newly rediscovered love of crafting and the challenges I face in that regard.  

I'm going through many changes at the moment.  I'm an accountant, so part of me is very, very right-brained.  I'm a fan of order and routine...but I also feel like I've always had a creative spark that I enjoy pursuing.  Unfortunately, after years of school and now two years of the real adult world, my creative spark has died down to a mere flicker.

In December, my husband and I bought our very first house.  I began devouring decorating books for ideas and inspiration (this is what right-brained people do, we always read books first before taking action).  Having a whole house as my new big creative outlet really got the ball rolling for me.  I realized how much I missed using my left brain, being creative, thinking outside the box, working with colors and objects and my hands, and taking chances! 

I knew I needed a change, I just didn't know how to make it.  I worked in a very demanding and time-consuming position in public accounting.  By the time I came home (usually late) and on the weekends (if I wasn't working), I didn't have the energy to devote to any new creative passions.  So, after a lot of thinking, I decided I needed to 1) quit my job, and 2) come up with some new hobbies (other than sleeping or complaining).  

One thing led to another, and viola!  The creation of Lazy Owl Boutique.  I have really enjoyed (after lots of book reading, of course) crafting handmade jewelry and launching my shop online.  I have always loved Etsy, and now experiencing it from the other side has been an adventure.

My second hobby I came up with is slightly less enjoyable.  In an effort to get in shape, I decided to sign up for Disney's Food & Wine half-marathon on October 1.  So, I guess you could say training for that has been my second new hobby.

I also quit my job, yay!  I now work as an accountant (still right-braining it!) for one of Houston's top hospitals.  I just finished my first week on the job.

So...you can see I have a lot of new things going on right now.  I hope to use this blog to journal all these new experiences and keep you all updated!  I hope you enjoy being a part of my new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...