My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://lazyowlboutique.com/'> http://lazyowlboutique.com and update your bookmarks.

 
about shop links contact home

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinterest: I Tried It! Antique Rake Jewelry Holder

This pin has been on my "Organization Inspiration" pinboard for quite some time now:

Rake Jewelry Holder on Pinterest

I get dressed and accessorized in my bathroom.  The problem is, all my jewelry holders and boxes are on the dresser in my bedroom...not exactly a long walk away, but my favorite pieces of jewelry tend to wind up on my bathroom counter, so while getting ready I usually just pick up whatever is around in the bathroom.  Thus, I frequently neglect all the fun jewelry that's sitting in the jewelry holders in the bedroom nearby.

I liked the idea of this antique rake jewelry holder because I can utilize the limited wallspace in my bathroom to hang some more jewelry in there, and then I'll be more likely to wear more of what I own, since it'll be right there in my face!

I didn't have any cool antique rake heads lying around, so I decided to buy myself some since I liked this idea so much.  I found not one, but two awesome rake heads for sale on Etsy at thejunkman.

After bothering my handy husband to attach them to the wall, I went to town hanging all my necklaces.  Here's the final result (I apologize for the awful shadows):




The silver single pearl, antique gold knot, and fabric rosette necklaces are all from Etsy.

The two long strands of pearls, large teal crystal,bird's nest, and purple gem necklaces are all from Etsy.  The aqua necklace is similar to one I have for sale in my shop.

I think now I might add a length of twine or ribbon across the top of the rakes so I can hang even more dangling earrings in here.  Exciting!


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Awesome! I love how that came out!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...