My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://lazyowlboutique.com/'> http://lazyowlboutique.com and update your bookmarks.

 
about shop links contact home

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Signs of becoming one's mother...

So, today I made quite a random purchase...

I saw on someone's facebook status that Amazon was selling these awesome sewing machines for super cheap, and the machine has like 650 reviews and 90% of them are stellar so....I couldn't resist.

I grew up with a mom who loved to sew.  She made my sister and me all sorts of frocked and frilly dresses when we were young, and even made many of my dresses for proms/homecomings/fancy terms for formal dances in high school.

I took home ec (I think it was officially called "family & consumer science") in high school and I remember making a few basic things, like scrunchies and pajama pants, but these days I can't even remember how to sew a button back on.

Sooooooo, NOW I'm getting a brand new sewing machine!  And of course, the obligatory Type A personality set of 5 or 6 instructional books on sewing for beginners and how to use a sewing machine.

The main reason I'm excited to sew is because fabric these days is just so FUN.  Sometimes at hobby lobby or JoAnn's I just buy the fabric because it's so cute I can't resist; with a sewing machine, I'll actually have something to do with it!

Can you expect some handmade sewn-by-moi crafts in Lazy Owl Boutique in the distant future?  We shall see!

Here's the link incase you just figured you'd buy a sewing machine too.

I'm looking for some reader feedback!  Do you sew?  What are some of the things you've created?  Do you have any suggestions as to web sites or books that are good for beginner sewists?

 

3 comments:

Kelly (Seaux Southern) said...

You are gonna love sewing! You can get so creative with just a few basic patterns. I mostly do machine embroidery but I have a few sewing projects I want to try. Good luck and Happy stitching!

Janet said...

Thanks!! I'm excited :)

GingerPeachT said...

sounds like fun!! if i knew someone near me who sewed I would prob learn. I just need hands on help when it comes to that sorta stuff! lol Good luck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...